Saturday, November 16, 2013

Minnie Mouse Birthday Gift!

My niece is turning two in a week and I'd pinned an outfit nearly identical to this months ago in anticipation of this big day.   My little pumpkin is a bit bigger than my niece, so hopefully it'll fit her for a good long time.  One of the nice things about having five girls is that I pretty much always have a mannequin to size my creations.

I'm really loving the rolled fabric clip in the shape of Minnie - I found a tutorial that made it "oh so simple".



 I'm just happy that I was able to get it done in time, now getting it in the mail is another story.  I can't stand shipping things.  I'm not sure what it is about wrapping up a package, addressing it and actually getting it in the mail, but I fail at this on a regular basis.  My poor sister got her birthday present late (not because I didn't mail it on time, but because of the post office) and inside the package were 6 or so belated thank you notes and general letters for another niece that my girls had written over the past two years that I had never mailed.  I buy my stamps at Costco, so I can't even say that it's a lack of postage that keeps me from mailing them - just a mental block.  Whatever.  I'll get this little outfit wrapped up and out to the post office on Tuesday and hopefully my niece will be enjoying it by the weekend. 

2 comments: